In India, when someone thinks of Sports, the first thought that comes to mind is Cricket. Not only Cricket is the most popular sport in India, but it also commands a massive fan base globally in countries like South Africa, the UK, Australia, etc. Over the decades, India has produced several major Cricket players like Kapil Dev, MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli, etc. along with Sachin Tendulkar, who is regarded as the God Of Cricket.
In line with the sentiment that Cricket in India is not just a sport, The Sports School Cricket Academy with Center for Cricketing Excellence (CCE), under the Mentorship of Robin Uthappa, provides aspiring cricketers with world-class training and best in class infrastructure to help them reach the next level. Our cricket program focuses on specialized coaching for batting, bowling, and wicket-keeping. The amount of training is assigned as per the skills and fitness level of the student, and adequate measures are taken care of to ensure the sport is fun for the beginners.
Apart from training with coaches, self-learning with video analysis systems & bowling machines, students get to work on their technique (basics) regularly along with net sessions covering batting, bowling, fielding, and wicket-keeping. Students also get to practice and interact with IPL, Ranji Trophy, and International Players who visit the training sessions on a regular basis.
Specific details of the programs are mentioned below:
- The amount of training is assigned as per the skills and fitness level of the student.
- Fun-filled playing experience for Beginners.
- Regular focus on working on Technique (Basics).
- Net Sessions for Batting, Bowling, Fielding, & Wicket-keeping.
- Practicing and interacting with IPL, Ranji Trophy, and International Players who visit the training sessions on a regular basis.
- 2 International standard natural turf Cricket grounds, Outdoor & Indoor Practice Nets under construction
- Kids have access to 70m natural turf Oval ground, 10 practice pitches, and indoor facility at our university campus
- Train with coaches and self learn with Video Analysis. We have partnered with the PitchVision Cricket training platform that facilitates an analytical system consisting of motion tracking and video analysis. PitchVision’s technology is also used by the International Cricket Council (ICC), The English Cricket Board (ECB), and Cricket South Africa.
- Bowling Machine & Match Simulation
- Understand the game with Umpire and Curator sessions
- Customized Fitness & Nutrition plans for a healthy mind and body
- Sports Psychology and Physiotherapy Sessions
Center for Cricketing Excellence (CCE) has been the home ground to provide young budding cricketers with world-class training to help them make it to the next big level. CCE owns and manages Chintamani Sports Association (CSA), which is a Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA) affiliated Division 1 team. Nidhuvan Gotadke, Director & Head Coach of CCE, is well-versed in both Indian and Australian playing conditions. He is the Head coach of the Jain University Cricket team since 2010 and has coached the Karnataka U-14, U-16 teams, KSCA Royal Challengers Academy U-19 boys, KSCA Zonal teams, and teams in Karnataka Premier League.
We have also collaborated with Robin Uthappa, as our Chief Mentor for Cricket, in order to provide our students with the experience and insights that he has gained while playing Cricket both domestically and internationally over the years. He regularly interacts with the students to help them understand and excel in the nuances of the game to its entirety. Robin Uthappa, one of the most prominent names in Cricket, has represented India in International cricket and represented KKR and Rajasthan Royals in IPL.