Bengaluru FC soccer schools enabling high-performance pathways with The Sports School
The Sports School and Bengaluru FC recently celebrated the first-day open training along with the Grassroots Event planned which acts as a precursor for the open training session. Their productive collaboration is one that strives to assist players at the grassroots level in developing their technical talents through top-notch training as well as match experience in various junior competitions.
In the previous edition, Bengaluru FC Soccer Schools, recruited Parth Salunke, a student of The Sports School. He was promoted to the BFC Residential Academy, at the Inspire Institute of Sport, in Bellary.
What are High-performance camps organized at The Sports School?
High-performance camps are held at the school and are aimed to give players an insight into the professional competitive sports environment through state-of-the-art facilities and conditioning, and this also includes players from BFC Soccer Schools’ Summer Camp taking part and this is a golden opportunity for exposure for the athletes at Sports School’s residential campus. The monitoring and evaluation of the student’s performance will be done by Head of Youth Development, Jan Van Loon (Ex-Arsenal Head of Youth Development) and BFC Youth Academy coaches.
The mission behind these camps is to provide
- Exposure to a competitive sporting environment through competitive matches with other professional teams
- An opportunity for coaches to evaluate the player’s abilities and different capabilities depending on their position and gauge their experience
These camps act as a selection ground and are expected to be one of many events that will help the players make the step up to the BFC Academy from The Sports School.
The camp, which takes place at The Sports School’s campus, is planned to uplift young talent and will adhere to the curriculum used by Bengaluru FC’s residential Academy and reserve squads.
The fully equipped international standard facilities that the players can access include:
- Dedicated Sports Science center
The integrated center at the school covers all aspects of an athlete’s successful sporting career by enabling holistic development. Sports science services comprise
- Sports medicine
- Sports physiotherapy
- Sports rehabilitation
- Strength and conditioning
- Sports psychology
- Sports Bio-medicine
- Exercise physiology
- Sports Nutrition
- Pain management & recovery
- Yoga therapy
- FIFA Quality Pro-Certified Artificial Turf measuring -108m * 68 m Football Field
- Gym Facilities at The Sports School include exercise rooms, free weight & other strength training equipment, and a wide variety of cardio exercise equipment. It also features other facilities for overall wellness and provides an essential environment to exercise.
The Sports School students receive the best-in-class technical training throughout the year from Bengaluru FC’s youth coaches, who are licensed by the All India Football Federation or the Asian Football Confederation.
The high-performance camps also serve as a talent pool for the club’s youth development program, and players with potential stand a chance to be scouted for openings in the BFC Residential academy.
The Sports School was founded with the intention of combining education and sports to inspire young athletes and help them as professionals. The Sports School, which was founded in 2019, is the only organization in India to integrate education and sport to create the ideal environment for developing future champions. The School offers a curriculum that plans academics around sports. Some of the features of the flexible curriculum at The Sports School campus include
- Academic calendar built around sports tournament commitments
- Remedial classes arranged for catch up
- Sports integrated academic modules
- Round-the-clock physio clinic support
- Specialized strength and physical training
- Planned nutrition diets for high-performance in association with Sodexo
- Residential Campus and state-of-the-art sporting infrastructures
Bengaluru FC’s football program at The Sports School provides students with a holistic development plan, with equal focus given to on-pitch development as well as academics. To know more, or to join the program at TSS, click here.
The Bengaluru FC academy managers scouts the players every year in December to pick the most talented players to move into the Bellary academy where they will get the opportunity to start a professional career in Football and this is why The Sports School is one of the best Football coaching centers in Bengaluru. Learn more about the specifics of the program in detail, or to apply to join our 30-acre residential sporting ecosystem, head over to our website.