BREAK THE BOUNDARIES
The sports school CRICKET ACADEMy
The Sports School Cricket Academy under the Mentorship of Robin Uthappa, provides aspiring cricketers with world-class training and best in class infrastructure to help them reach the next level. Our cricket program focuses on specialized coaching for batting, bowling, and wicket-keeping. The amount of training is assigned as per the skills and fitness level of the student, and adequate measures are taken care of to ensure the sport is fun for the beginners.
The Sports School cricket academy is equipped with new-age facilities that aid the students to elevate their everyday life and give a comfortable space to pursue their passion.
- International standard 65m natural turf Cricket grounds
- 6 outdoor and 6 indoor practice nets
- Ready to host any International and National level Cricket matches
THE SPORTS SCHOOL STUDENT ACHIEVEMENTS
Admissions Open for 2022-23
Robin Uthappa, most prominent names in Cricket, has represented India in International cricket.
He was a part of the 2007 World T20 winning Indian team where he played an extremely important role.
In 2008, he started playing in the Indian Premier League (IPL) and has been one of the most sought after players in the league. He has played for Mumbai Indians,
Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB), Kolkata Knight Riders, Rajasthan Royals and Chennai Super Kings (CSK).
R. Ananth is a veteran in Indian Domestic Cricket with a rich experience of more than three decades.
He played an important role in bringing Ranji trophy back to Karnataka in the year 1995-96. He was also part of the team who went on to defend the Irani trophy in 1996-97. In 1996, he wrecked Hansie Cronje's visiting South African team at Kochi, by taking six wickets.
Since retirement, he is a level 2 certified coach by National Cricket Academy (NCA), with a specialization in spin bowling. He regularly coached the spin department at zonal camps conducted by NCA. He has also been a selector for Karnataka State Cricket Association for the age groups U16 and U19 till 2001. Between 2001 - 2004 he was promoted to the Senior Selection committee and then in 2008 to the selection committee of Ranji team in Karnataka till 2010. During this period, cricketers like Manish Pandey, Abhimanyu Mithun, S Arvind, Stuart Binny, and Robin Uthappa made their entry into first class cricket.
He worked as Asst. Director in Karnataka State Cricket Academy from 2009 to 2014 and was responsible for setting up Zonal Cricket Academies in Karnataka and also conducted coach's education program in zonal centres.
Educational Qualification: Diploma in Engineering (Electronics and communication) Representation as a coach : KSCA, Mangalore Zone U16, U19, U23, U25 Representation as a player : Played for United Arab Emirates ( UAE) in world cup qualifier matches in 2009 Represented Karnataka under 25 state matches Represented BPL X1 And KSCA X1 in the Diamond-Jubilee cricket tournament.
Vikram started playing cricket at the age of 12 and represented Mangalore Zone the following year and Captained the Mangalore Zone U-14 Team and played for Mangalore Zone up till U-25. Prior to TSS, he has worked and trained under one of Mangalore’s finest coaches - Samuel Jayaraj Muthu and later as Head Coach at Assisi Central School. He has also excelled at Athletics and made sure his Academics never took a backseat, securing a distinction in his PG.
Mohammed Arif Mukka
Representation as a coach : KSCA, Mangalore Zone U14, U16, U19, U23. Coach for Under 23 Mofussils XI Karnataka Inter-zonal tournament. Representation as a player : Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy for Karnataka in the year 2008 under the captaincy of Mr. Yere Gowda. KSCA team to Victoria organized by Australia Cricket Team in the year 2006. Represented Karnataka under 25 in the P S Mohan Rao Trophy held at Hyderabad. Represented Karnataka State Under 19 in the year 2005.
- The amount of training is assigned as per the skills and fitness level of the student
- Fun-filled playing experience for Beginners
- Regular focus on working on Technique (Basics)
- Net sessions, match simulations, and matches
- Technical and tactical know how
- Practicing and interact with IPL, Ranji Trophy, Vizzy Trophy and International Players regularly
- KSCA League Exposure
- Dedicated Sports Science Center
- Player Centered Coaching
- Bowling machine sessions
- Match Simulations
- Video Analysis & Pitch Vision (players can explore, learn & perform)
- Umpiring sessions (umpire signals, scoring, changing rules)
- Curator sessions (learn how to read the pitches)
- Nutrition sessions
- Strength & conditioning sessions
- Mental Conditioning sessions
- Weekly practice matches for exposure (focus on Fielding positions, role of captain, playing in the right spirit etc.)
- Inter-school matches U-14, U-16
- KSCA Inter-school matches U-14, U-16
- KSCA league matches U-14, U-16, U-19, Seniors
- All India open cricket tournaments
- All India inter-university matches
CAREER GRAPH AT THE SPORTS SCHOOL
- Emphasize having fun while focusing on developing basic cricket skill (hitting, throwing, catching, running, jumping)
- Shorter pitch length, Softball to start, shorter boundary, 2 hrs max duration, everyone bowls & bats, introduce rules of the games
- Inter-School & Inter-Club Matches 3 hrs max (home & away matches)
Academic Programs at The Sports School
The Sports School is associated with Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), for grades 5 to 10th, which is one of India’s premier educational bodies offering qualifications for more than 21,000 schools in over 28 countries over the world. For grades 11th and 12th, we are associated with the Karnataka State Board. For University, Graduate & Post Graduate courses, the Sports School offers courses by Jain Group Of Institutions (JGI) who are our educational partners and continually ranks among the top universities in India.