BREAK THE BOUNDARIES
THE SPORTS SCHOOL CRICKET ACADEMY
The Sports School Cricket Academy with Center for Cricketing Excellence (CCE), under the Mentorship of Robin Uthappa, provides aspiring cricketers with world-class training and best in class infrastructure to help them reach the next level. Our cricket program focuses on specialized coaching for batting, bowling, and wicket-keeping. The amount of training is assigned as per the skills and fitness level of the student, and adequate measures are taken care of to ensure the sport is fun for the beginners.
The Sports School is equipped with new-age facilities that aid the students to elevate their everyday life and give a comfortable space to pursue their passion.
- International standard 65m natural turf Cricket grounds
- 6 outdoor and 6 indoor practice nets
- Ready to host any International and National level Cricket matches
THE SPORTS SCHOOL STUDENT ACHIEVEMENTS
Admissions Open for 2021-22
Robin Uthappa, most prominent names in Cricket, has represented India in International cricket. He was a part of the 2007 World T20 winning Indian team where he played an extremely important role. In 2008, he started playing in the Indian Premier League (IPL) and has been one of the most sought after players in the league. He has played for Mumbai Indians, Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB), Kolkata Knight Riders and Rajasthan Royals.
Nidhuvan, Director & Head Coach of CCE is well versed with both Indian and Australian playing conditions. He has represented Karnataka for 10 years in various age categories and was a part of Bangalore University and South Zone team in the Vizzy trophy. In Australia, he played for the Sydney Tigers in the first grade for 3 years. He has been the Head coach of the Jain University Cricket team from 2010 onwards and has coached the Karnataka U-14 and U-16 teams.
Vikram started playing cricket at the age of 12 and represented Mangalore Zone the following year and Captained the Mangalore Zone U-14 Team and played for Mangalore Zone up till U-25. Prior to TSS, he has worked and trained under one of Mangalore’s finest coaches - Samuel Jayaraj Muthu and later as Head Coach at Assisi Central School. He has also excelled at Athletics and made sure his Academics never took a backseat, securing a distinction in his PG.
Santhosh is a performance analyst coach with vast experience, having worked with Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA) and teams in Indian Premier League (IPL). He works with International & Ranji Cricketers to improve their game using technology. He has also worked with Karnataka Premier League (KPL), Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC), Cricket South Africa (CSA). He was a part of the Champion Karnataka Cricket Team (Ranji Trophy, Irani Trophy, Vijay Hazare 2013-14).
- The amount of training is assigned as per the skills and fitness level of the student.
- Fun-filled playing experience for Beginners.
- Regular focus on working on Technique (Basics).
- Net sessions, match simulations, and matches .
- Technical and tactical know how.
- Practicing and interact with IPL, Ranji Trophy, and International Players regularly.
- Player Centered Coaching
- Bowling machine sessions
- Match Simulations
- Video Analysis & Pitch Vision (players can explore, learn & perform)
- Umpiring sessions (umpire signals, scoring, changing rules)
- Curator sessions (learn how to read the pitches)
- Nutrition sessions
- Strength & conditioning sessions
- Mental Conditioning sessions
- Weekly practice matches for exposure (focus on Fielding positions, role of captain, playing in the right spirit etc.)
- Inter-school matches U-14, U-16
- KSCA Inter-school matches U-14, U-16
- KSCA league matches U-14, U-16, U-19, Seniors
- All India open cricket tournaments
- All India inter-university matches
CAREER GRAPH AT THE SPORTS SCHOOL
- Emphasize having fun while focusing on developing basic cricket skill (hitting, throwing, catching, running, jumping)
- Shorter pitch length, Softball to start, shorter boundary, 2 hrs max duration, everyone bowls & bats, introduce rules of the games
- Inter-School & Inter-Club Matches 3 hrs max (home & away matches)